Monday, February 23, 2009

WTF??

So I know I may seem a tad "depressed" lately, but other than a few moments here and there, I think I've been in pretty good spirits considering the present situations in the global, local, and personal sense. And I'm trying to focus more on the positive things instead of looking at my dwindling bank figures all day.

And while it's nice to know that there are those out there who support me in my fruitless endeavors, what I don't need is a "helpful friend" who makes me feel like shit on a rare day that I was feeling really good about myself (ie: my birthday.)

It was sweet of him to remember my birthday. It really was. Especially since he's been traveling quite a bit recently and I haven't talked to him in a while. It was even more touching that he took the time to send me an e-mail when I have absolutely no idea when his birthday is, and I'm the type of person who remembers everyone's birthday. But when he includes in said e-mail a a link to a pretty annoying site (I'll leave the third party out of this rant) and says,
"This will make you feel better about yourself. I promise."
that pretty much negates any kind of goodwill he's got going for him.

Like I said earlier, I haven't spoken to this "friend" in a while, and the last time we hung out, I was in a much better place. Which means he's either the totally clueless but "means well" type that needs to shove a foot in his mouth, or he's an asshole who thinks I'm lame. Either way, I now seem him as the kind of guy who'll drag me down, in every sense of the phrase.
Consider yourself toxic.

No comments :

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License .